Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Quotables: Hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies


Thursday Quotables is a weekly features hosted by Bookshelf Fantasies to share a quote from this week's reading! For more information check out Bookshelf Fantasies at the link above.

"In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless, heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood like a hundred golden urns pouring out of the sun.” ~Madeline Miller, The Song of Achilles
So far I've not found too much about this book to be big and quotable. My review is to come later, but I for sure haven't hated what I've read--it's just not been very powerful or moving. Save for that line, and I haven't even gotten to it yet. Spoiler Alert: Achilles dies in the end. (History told us that) But in many ways I can already tell from that little line that Miller gives us a happy ending. That and it's just visually beautiful. I do love a good book that ends with shadows.


No comments:

Post a Comment