Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Wings by Aprilynne Pike




"Laurel was mesmerized, staring at the pale things with wide eyes. They were terrifyingly beautiful--too beautiful for words.

Laurel turned to the mirror again, her eyes on the hovering petals that floated beside her head. They looked almost like wings." -Wings, by Aprilynnepike Pike

I am giving this one a 4 out of 5 stars for the simple reason alone: I would have NEVER let my girlfriend run off to possibly die with some beautiful man while waiting in the car. However, that is my only critique, and really it's just a personal preference. I've got #tigerblood. #winning.

I received this book on my new iPad 2, and it was the first ebook I ever read. So let me first say to the publishers who thought giving away this book for free was a good idea because it really was. I have been torn for years about the subject of ebooks as there is simply nothing like having a real paper book in your hand. However, it was beyond nice to even read it in the dark while curled up next to my daughter while waiting to fall asleep.

I will not only buy this book in copy for my library, but I now will be purchasing the next two for my IPad 2 as well as hard cover.

You instantly fall in love with Laurel, and David simply warms your heart. I have a thing for little science geeks anyway, and other then the above cited critique David is adorable.

Pike really has a nice little spin on the Modern Fairy Tales, and I can't wait to dig into her world even further.


Go get this book. It's still available for FREE at Amazon.com among other places.


-Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. I am having the whole ebook..real book debate in my head as we speak- I love to hold a book..to smell the pages...we will see...

    Tee aka Teri aka dirtybrit

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a hard debate for me that was won by buying both. My iPad is nice to have around, and easier on my purse to carry. However, they run specials like this all the time for free books. I got this book for free, and now have her other two because I loved them so. I hate that I can't lend it out though.

    So I'm still on both sides of the debate. My answer=buy both.

    ReplyDelete